Do you need to edit your video clips? Do you want to add music or sounds to your video? Have you ever tried to add narration to your movie? For those who know video editor, edit video is a piece of cake, but for a novice, it’s a challenge.
In this article we will looking at the top 2 video editing software program that allows you to edit video clips on your Mac or Windows for free.
Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is a video editing software application, included in Microsoft Windows Me, XP, and Vista.
Free Windows Movie Maker Features
- Supports trim or delete extraneous parts. It is a simple matter to split movie into smaller parts.
- Video Transitions and Video Effects add additional visual interest to your movie presentation. There are in all 49 effects and 63 transitions.
- Titles and credits can be animated and colorful on their own, or can be placed as overlays on top of photos or video clips in your movie.
- Create a narration audio file and place it in your movie. Automatically imports your narration into the current collection and puts it on the timeline at the point on the Audio/Music track where you first began to narrate.
- Supports apply basic effects to audio tracks such as fade in or fade out, including two audio tracks: the audio track recorded with the video is one of the tracks; the other movie maker audio track is the Audio/Music track.
iMovie is a great video editing software application which allows Mac, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPhone 4 and iPad 2 users to edit their own home movies.
Free iMovie Features
- The return of the timeline in iMovie 11 makes longer video productions a little easier to manage and edit.
- The ability to adjust audio levels right on the clip can help apply voice and other enhancements to audio.
- The Movie Trailer feature allows you to select clips from a project to create a really professional looking trailer.
- The People Detection tracks and tags clips of how many faces are detected in clips, and the distance they are from the camera.
- Upload to projects to YouTube , Vimeo.com, CNN iReport, and Facebook.
- One-step effects with the ability to add several complex effects in one step.
- The ability to construct movie trailers which has some fantastic effects, logo and the ability to showcase your family and friends in your latest action-packed flick.
- Supports add titles, and add music. Effects include basic color correction and video enhancement tools, and transitions such as fade-in, fade-out, and slides.
This is a guest post by Lily. Lily works for the media comparison site and is an expert in all areas of audio and video technology and has a passion for helping Mac and Windows user to edit video with Video Editing Software Programs